Falcon OSD Updates
Version 1.0.2 Download
- Improved start up performance
- Original Version
Uploading to a Minim/Micro Minim OSD board requires an FTDI programmer, also know as a USB to Serial converter.
Upgrading Falcon OSD Firmware
To upload the latest firmware to your Falcon board, please follow these upload instructions:
- Download the appropriate Falcon .zip file by clicking on the Falcon OSD V1.0.2 button on this webpage.
- Copy the attached zip file to your desired location, right click on it and extract it into a directory. The directory contains three files: a binary (.hex) file that contains the new firmware, an executable called “avrdude.exe” and a configuration file called “avrdude.conf”, that are used to upload the hex file on to the OSD board.
- Connect the FDTI boards serial port to the Minim/Micro Minim OSD board.
- Connect FTDI board’s USB to the PC, this will power up both the FTDI and OSD boards.
- You should hear a device connection tone on the PC. If the FTDI board hasn’t been connected before, it may need some time to search for the required drivers.
- To find FTDI board’s COM port in Windows go to the start button in the bottom left hand corner and select “Device Manager” from the pop-up menu, then select “Ports (COM & LPT)”. On Linux machines use the “lsusb” command.
- Start the command prompt or console window.
- Type the following into the command prompt:
avrdude -c arduino -p atmega328p -P COM6 -b 57600 -U flash:w:FalconOSD_V1.0.2.ino.hex
The FTDI board should upload the program to the OSD board and verify the transfer.
- After the upload remove the USB cable from the PC and disconnect the OSD board.
- Connect the Minim/Micro Minim OSD board via an I2C Level Shifter to the Falcon flight controller on Serial1, this is detailed on the Falcon Interfaces webpage.
Should you encounter difficulties during the upload process or require technical assistance then please contact us.